Cut back on your bad eating habits. Give up the fried foods, processed meats, refined baked goods and sweets. Eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, lean meats, fish, whole grains, beans and low-fat dairy products. Keep your portion sizes under control as well.
Partake in cardiovascular training to burn the fat in your lower belly, as well as the rest of your body. Do any type of cardio that causes you to sweat and raises your heart rate, such as running, spinning, inline skating, stair climbing, elliptical training and power walking. Aim for 45 to 60 minutes of cardio, three days a week on nonconsecutive days.
Lift weights to build metabolically active muscle mass. Do exercises that work all your major muscle groups: bench presses, shoulder presses, back rows, triceps extensions, biceps curls and squats. Perform 10 to 12 reps, three or four sets and work out three days a week on the opposing days of your cardio.
Lie flat on your back to do flutter kicks. Straighten both legs and lift them 6 inches off the floor. This is your starting point. Leave your right leg where it is and raise your left leg 2 to 3 feet higher. Lower your left leg as you simultaneously lift your right leg. Alternate back and forth in a steady motion for 15 to 20 repetitions. Place your hands under your butt if you feel stress on your lower back.
Execute a set of mountain climbers to work your lower abs and burn calories. Align your body in a racing position with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor and feet in a staggered stance. Keep your hips low as you quickly shift your feet back and forth on the floor as if you were running in place. Alternate each leg forward until you’ve done 15 to 20 reps with each leg.
Perform knee tucks on a stability ball. Place your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor, place your lower shins together on the ball and straighten your arms. Lift your hips up to get your body into a push-up position and roll the ball toward your face as you tuck your knees into your chest. Hold for a second, then roll the ball back out; repeat 15 to 20 times.
Tips * Perform three to four sets of your ab exercises and workout after your cardio sessions.
Reblogged from - Fit and Fabulous by Summer
Source - health-heaven
- behappybehealthylivestrong reblogged this from health-heaven
- amppet22 reblogged this from health-heaven
- fitflopper reblogged this from health-heaven
- asphyxiating likes this
- fifth4ver likes this
- ofstarsandlaugh likes this
- aneweraiscoming reblogged this from health-heaven
- downlavenderroad likes this
- arc-san likes this
- takingt0kez likes this
- the-defective-daughter likes this
- shetookmysoul7 reblogged this from flatabsandthighgaps
- nobese likes this
- puisilsera reblogged this from health-heaven
- itselaaa likes this
- fiftyshadesofhawaii likes this
- sexedjed likes this
- akalianakala reblogged this from liftheavyshit-and-kickass
- ohsnapitshana likes this
- simplyshaz likes this
- happyfitforever likes this
- tobefreakinperfect likes this
- healthyhappyrain reblogged this from health-heaven
- kissmybelly likes this
- fitdiarys reblogged this from fitspo-healthy
- bentandbrokenn likes this
- mosylva likes this
- trashcanformythoughts likes this
- angelaaaisrunning reblogged this from greengirlkc
- angelaaaisrunning likes this
- wildfreeandfit reblogged this from health-heaven
- sheshine likes this
- fitlikeanangel likes this
- vintaagehearts likes this
- itsonlyuptome reblogged this from iwillonlyregretnottrying
- dancesinglove likes this
- klouang likes this
- endless-goodtimes likes this
- mochasandscarves likes this
- healthwaves reblogged this from health-heaven
- yayabang likes this
- efosworld likes this
- myfitprogresslol likes this
- mis-an-thropy likes this
- iamshakia likes this
- starklyanna likes this
- f-tblrr likes this